It’s Rock of Ages Week at ET Canada starting on Monday, June 4 and we’ve got exclusive interviews with Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and many more coming your way!
Now it’s your chance to show us your best rock star look to enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Los Angeles! And of course part of the prize is two “Rock of Ages” movie passes to see the film in your home city.
All you need to do is Tweet us a pick of yourself portraying a rock star using the hash tag #RockOfAgesETCanada for your chance to win.
See the “Rock of Ages” flash mob performance that took place at the AMC Yonge & Dundas theatre recently, plus scroll below to see the rules and regulations!
ROCK OUT FOR ROCK OF AGES CONTEST RULES
THE ROCK OUT FOR ROCK OF AGES CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER (OR WIN) THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASEES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec);
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
(c) must have an authorized Twitter account; and
(d) be legally able to travel to the United States and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel.
Employees of Shaw Television Limited Partnership, (“Sponsor”), and Warner Bros. Pictures Canada (“Warner”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 5:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 15, 2012 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) To enter, entrants must Tweet from their Twitter account a picture of themselves portraying a rock star (the “Work”) and the following hash-tag #RockOfAgesETCanada must be stated.
(b) By participating in this Contest, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the Work does not contain any material that is sexually explicit, indecent, unnecessarily violent, hateful, tortuous, libelous, defamatory, slanderous, profane or obscene; (ii) the work is not derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; (iii) the work does not invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased; (iv) the work is not unlawful; (v) the Work is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Work as contemplated by these Contest Rules; and (vi) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
(c) Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Only the entrant may appear in his/her submitted photo entry. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(d) All entries, including the Work, become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
(e) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of the Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account by Twitter. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
(a) There is one (1) prize (“Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (“Winner”) consisting of: a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California which shall include:
(i) round-trip economy airfare for the Winner and his/her guest (the “Guest”) leaving together from the same gateway from a Canadian International airport closest to winner’s home (Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax or St. John’s) to Los Angeles, California;
(ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodation to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion for the Winner and Guest based on double occupancy;
(iii) a two hundred and fifty dollar (CDN$250.00) hotel credit for Winner;
(iv) promotional merchandise, exact merchandise to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion; and
(v) two (2) run of engagement passes to see the film “Rock of Ages” in theatres in the Winner’s city of residence.
(b) The Prize has an approximate value of five thousand dollars (CDN$5,000) Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on departure city.
(c) The Guest must be the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence or older.
(d) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) Warner agent will be in touch with Winner to coordinate Prize details once they have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(f) Winner and his/her Guest must be available to travel from July 1, 2012 through October 31, 2012. Should Winner and/or Guest be unable to travel on the dates and times designated by the Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Winner and Guest will be responsible for transportation to and from originating airport, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, airport improvement fees, baggage check fees, taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
(g) Blackout dates may apply.
(h) Guest must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(i) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(j) If applicable, a shipped Prize shall not be insured and the Sponsor shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected Prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about June 18, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PRIVATE TWITTER MESSAGE NO LATER THAN JUNE 22, 2012 at 5:00 P.M. EDT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by private Twitter message, telephone or e-mail to the Twitter contact, phone number or e-mail address provided in the notification and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsor within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. Winner and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsor, Warner, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) except where prohibited by law, grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Work and Winner’s and Guest’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work, and shall grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive licence to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. The entrant hereby confirms that the Work is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. In addition, each entrant represents to Sponsor that the Work does not infringe any copyright interest of any third party and that the Work is not defamatory or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise. Sponsor reserve the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the contest website, www.etcanada.com/contests (“Contest Website”).
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; (c) violating these terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Shaw Media Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove from the hotel or movie theatre, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor and Warner the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in 11(a)(i) and 11(a)(ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. SHAW MEDIA is a trade-mark of Shaw Cablesystems G.P., used under licence.
13. TERMINATION. Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Warner and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Contest.
This Contest is not administered, endorsed or sponsored by Twitter.